Friday, October 15, 2010

stuck in a rut

If you could have been a fly on my wall last week, you might have thought you were spying on a crazy person. Insanity=doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

That was me. Taking pictures off my walls, hanging them in different places expecting it to look different. The result? A lot of the same, and very little change.

I've been staring at my walls for the past year or so feeling rather dissatisfied. Not feeling them anymore, wanting a change. I've outgrown them somehow. At least, they don't feel like they fit me anymore. I hate that. I want to LOVE what I see on the walls of my home. I want them to be an expression of me.

Little by little, small spaces have changed. But, the big ones remain. And, the insanity comes out.

I'm a big fan of re-purposing items. I found another use for a frame that I loved. I'll show you that later. But, for today, here's my dilemma.

Maybe I just need to start from scratch this time? Help?

Photobucket

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I feel the SAME way about my walls and I do pretty much the same thing. I'm glad to know I'm not alone :)

    I love your placemats. I have a dark brown table and I didn't think I could do brown on brown, but this showed me I can. It's all about finding the right texture.

    And where did you get the great orange fall arrangement?? I want that for my kitchen table but I haven't known where to look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree--they're not you anymore. The pics are too much like our old dorm room posters. Maybe you could take it all down, stare at blank walls for a while, walk through Hobby Lobby or Pier One or somewhere, look back through your favorite KWP pics and wait to be inspired. Maybe a blank canvas would get the creative juices flowing...you can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, friends. Kendra, I think I'll try that. I think you're right. It must come down before I'll know what to put there.

    Karin, the fall arrangement is my own creation--just an empty vase, and the branches I think I picked up at Michael's one year on clearance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to say something similar in that I don't see any of your awesome photography up. I think you need to put up some of your family pics. You could do a collage of photos on one wall, and a large picture on one wall, etc. Black and whites are always fun, too, or sepia. You are creative, I know you will think of something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristina,
    I think you should frame some of your photography. You have such great photos. Maybe a collage of frames with your kids pics or some of your macro or landscape stuff. Cost Plus World Market also has some good pieces for walls.

    ReplyDelete