Sunday, December 4, 2011

gingerbread house.

Hello, December!  
It's a good month.  It's the month of festive decorating, fa-la-la-ing, listening to the Charlie Brown Christmas album, sugar cookie baking, Christmas parties, trying to remember the real meaning of Christmas, purchasing gifts, sending out Christmas cards, my birthday...  Whew.  I feel tired just writing all of that down!

I've decided that Christmas in Florida can be just as festive as Christmas in other places, you just have to know where to go and not expect it to feel cold and snowy.  Once you're used to wearing shorts and tank tops all year round, you're much better off.  In fact after 5 years, I just may have acclimatized.  I no longer find myself cursing under my breath at the lack of seasons.  And, I secretly wonder if I'd ever be able to do "cold" again. I'm not saying I wouldn't like a little change of season, but I think I can deal with the weather here now.

So, feeling festive, I let the kiddos decorate a gingerbread house.  Little Z is really getting to be a "poser" for the camera.  Check out his head-tilt!


Miss A is horrified by Z snatching of a piece of candy off the roof.  It was quickly fixed by Miss M.

I can't quite manage to get all 4 of us in the shot anymore.  Almost.


Miss A gets her own photo.

3 comments:

  1. Love the music! Paperweight by Fisk and Radin. I'm writing that down.

    Z is getting so big!!!

    I never thought of Twizzlers for a gingerbread house. So creative. Gosh I miss seeing you, Kristina! We're kind of birthday buddies....mine is the 13th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!!! Miss you guys! Can't believe you've been in FL 5 years, and that we've been gone for 4! Where does the time go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats my wubakunchkin!!!!

    ReplyDelete