Wednesday, October 8, 2008

that face

This little face makes me laugh and makes me cry. I guess I've been feeling sort of Eeyore-ish lately. Parenting is just one of those jobs where you never know if you're doing it right or not. Lately, I've felt like I'm walking around in the dark with a flashlight trying to figure out what the heck I'm doing. I'm becoming more OK with my own confusion, but it's sure not fun. Maybe that's why I love photography. Are you following my stream-of-consciousness processing here? Somehow taking beautiful images is sort of like capturing a glimpse of eternity for me. A picture of how life was meant to be. Great photography reminds me of how beautiful God is. I do believe in God, and belive that He is good, even when life is confusing. What everyday things inspire you to think of what is eternal?


that face

I've been using a lot of Ginnie's actions lately. At only $20 for her set of 8, they're a great deal. In the previous post I used her "Vintage Black and White." These photos were processed using "Mocha."

14 comments:

  1. What a face! Thank God we're not ultimately in control of their lives and formation. Remember, you don't have to be in control and hang in there! Thinking of you! KH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the two different faces of your daughter! And love the PP on them too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that face...we see that second one around here a lot! I love the processing on them too.
    Cari

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so cute:)
    Shawna (shawkrem)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what a doll! Love that sad, sad face. She is so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh. I just love these...and your stream of consciousness too. The second half of the picture speaks so many words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh...I join you in the parenting journey. I have no idea if I'm doing anything right, but then my 2 year old tells me he loves me and I know I'm doing something good, as I know you are too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the contrast of the two expressions. the processing is great too. as for the parenting thing I have no helpful hints. I'm still in the dark after 16+ years! Just give 'em hugs and kisses :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the comparison! I agree completely with what you said.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh what a beautiful little girl! I love the pp on them also.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww, so precious. I totally know what you mean. I feel that way ALL THE TIME. {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the mocha!
    i have a mocha action that i LOVE toO!
    what did you use in the action down below?!
    love those shots of her in her real life faces!!! LOL!
    hang in there. parenting is tough, but it sure is worth it through it all!
    tara

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh that expression on the right! Goodness. What a great capture. I love the chocolate tone to your b.w too. Its really lovely.

    ReplyDelete