Monday, September 29, 2008

a bird and a door

What do a bird and a door have to do with each other? Well, not much really, except that they're both taken at Animal Kingdom. We do go to Disney quite often. Last February we decided to purchase annual passes (the kind with blackout dates.) We knew that our girls we are the perfect ages, and we had never been before. We saw it as an investment in our family. And, who knows how long we'll live in Orlando? We're lucky that we get to vacation in our backyard. Actually, ever since we've been married, David and I have lived in places that neither of us were "from." So, we've always made vacations cheap by being "backyard tourists." Anyway, we really do love Disney, but we always come home exhausted.

flamingo
I'm not in the least a wildlife photographer, but I thought this shot was kind of cool.


door
Another cool photo-op location. I loved this door too!

There are slight glimmers of hope that the Orlando heat is passing, but I have to say that I'm so jealous of all of you who are experiencing a true fall. I miss it so much! Happy "fall."

13 comments:

  1. That first shot is great! I love the second one too. WE LOVE Disney...go every year...probably no this year though...bummer!
    Cari

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I agree you are so lucky! I would love to be able to take the kids there. Just can't swing it from texas, LOL. Really love how sharp and colorful these are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like both of these! your style is really beginning to emerge and I love it! great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh, that door shot is fab!

    I think it's cool you guys get to Disney so often. I took it for granted when I lived in Florida and now that I'm older...kinda miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are awesome shots! We love Disney too! We've only been to WDW once, but go to Disneyland quite often. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great captures!

    Come on! The mornings are a bit cooler these days. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think these are both really beautiful! I love how hidden the face is in the first one. I'm kind of a backyard tourist myself, and I live in the middle of nowhere, so I can certainly understand being one in Orlando!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so lucky to live near such a cool place! That would be a dream come true for me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love love the door shot!!! So cool!!! You are so lucky to be so close to Disney!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE that door! You are so lucky to be near such a great photo location.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We do have a guest room, and in about a week the leave outside its window will be gorgeous....:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that shot of her by the door. Great textures and colors there! What a fun thing to be able to spend so much time at Walt Disney World!

    ReplyDelete