Tuesday, September 16, 2008

just fun

Here's the last of my favorites from Bill and Amy's family sesssion. Your kids are so cute, guys! They worked this photo shoot into their family vacation. They had all just gotten off of a plane from the Midwest, and all the kids wanted to do was go swimming in their hotel, and go to Disney. All things considered, I think we did pretty well!
snuggle

holding hands

grass

On a completely different note, I've been pondering and struggling through the reality of schooling since school started. For some reason, I was under the impression that once your children started going to school, life would suddenly get much easier. I guess I'll blame all my mom-friends with older children for not filling me in more accurately. But, I'll just tell you that it's be no easy thing in our household. Are all school aged children the worst versions of themselves when they come home from school? I mean I seriously think that we have two versions of the same child, the school-child and the home-child who are completely opposite. One is compliant and brilliant and always does the right thing and never gets into trouble. The other one is whiney, mean and difficult to be around. Oy. Can some of you older moms tell me that it gets better? Kindergarten in Florida is full-day. I'm thinking it may just be too much for one little person to handle. We are seriously considering pulling M out and homeschooling her just so that we can experience just a taste of the sweeter version. Oy, oy.

17 comments:

  1. Um....yeah....ditto that! Full day K is terrible! I want my kids back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those first few weeks little K kids are just tired! They work hard being good all day and then when they come home all the stress comes out where it's safe to do it because you love them no matter what. It will get better!

    And something else moms may not tell you--you don't get less busy when your kids are in school. You just get a different kind of busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! Love that first one of mom and daughter. THings should smooth out after she's been in school and while and gotten used to the routine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the second one.... so cute!

    I found that my DS would come home tired from school (he just started K, too) and by dinner time was really whiney. I started pushing his bedtime back by 30 minutes.... even if he doesn't use those extra 30 minutes to go to sleep, he has the time to relax and wind down a bit. It'll probably get better for your DD though... it just takes time to adjust to everything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the first shot, what a sweet moment.

    Shawna (shawkrem)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i loved all of your photos they are all very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your pp on all of these but that first shot just stands out. It's really something special to capture a mom-daughter like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yea and I'm with you on the school thing.. I was counting down the days thinking "school days" were easier.. um uh.. nope! Not only do they come home "the worst versions" but somehow you have to squish in homework every night along with all the normal activities. And then if they start sports thats a whole new ball game (lol pun intended) :).. Can you tell I'm in the same boat? It's driving me crazy. Hope we adjust soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The first one is a total fav! I adore the emotion you have managed to capture...just brilliant.

    We have full day up here in Maine as well, and our family is feeling your pain as we speak. Mikki is such a (hate to say this) snot when she comes home from school. I too think it is exhausting for her. I am not sure WHY they went to full day Kindergarten! I mean, the teachers when I was younger managed to get it all in in the half day. Maybe its because parents are working more now, and its like replacement for day care. I am not sure, but it has been SO tough. Plus, Katie misses her so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow... what wonderful photos- I love the connections you captured between them all! Gorgeous.

    And yep, my kids are that way once school starts. They are great all summer long (as long as I keep them busy, LOL) but as SOON as school begins they turn into monsters! I wish I knew the magic trick to making them be themselves... but my boys are 10 and 12 and I still struggle. Even K who just started preschool is so whiny and awful after I pick her up on the days she goes. Yuck. :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. What great poses and nice shots. Sorry I can't help out with the school question but we do homeschool and I have loved it. My oldest is now 25 and youngest 7

    ReplyDelete
  12. it just gets harder in my opinion! my daughter is tired and crabby and in 3rd grade with 45 minutes of homework i do NOT ever see her good side anymore! i dont' like that either! i am seriously considering homeschooling!
    tara

    ReplyDelete
  13. by the way cute pics!
    can you email me your pricing because IF we get down that way, i want to hire yoU!
    tara
    tdpakosta@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are great! I love the interactions and especially of the two laying in the grass hugging!!!

    One of the many reasons we are planning to HS our kiddoes. {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, yuck! Sorry to hear about the seeming-split personality in M. I'm praying.

    ReplyDelete
  16. k-thanks for your vulnerability in sharing this!!! you know for some people (er...me?)...you are the older mom...even if you're just one year ahead of me. i'm so glad that you said all this... it makes me think...you know, i really need to pray that God gives me wisdom about what to do! i'm wondering if with the overload of kids at MP if they would consider doing 1/2 day!? i guess the school board has to decide that... anyways...thanks so much for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete