Sunday, September 21, 2008

african skies {Animal Kingdom}

Went went to Africa this weekend to celebrate M's birthday. Of course, it was *just* Animal Kingdom, but it never ceases to amaze me how authentic (in a Disnified sort of way) they make it feel. The first and last photos were taken on the African Safari ride. I made sure my shutter speed was set at 1/640 to get clear photos. That ride is incredibly bumpy and I actually felt a bit nauseous (it doesn't really take much) by the time we got off. Also, if you have a chance to go, the new "Finding Nemo" musical is just fabulous. The other great thing is that park is very shady, so we felt almost cool most of the day.

gazelles

africa

pelican loving hippos

I meant to say "thank you" to all of you who weighed in a few days ago with encouraging words or empathy about cranky school-aged children. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one. I had no idea that it was so common for kids to be this way. We're continuing to weigh other options, but we're going to give it a little more time first.

16 comments:

  1. The last one almost looks like a painting! Its so amazing. I love your really bright colors in the first one too. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE these. AK is my favorite park. Next time we go I think I am going to send the family to a different so I can goto AK by myself and do some photo shooting! What lens did you use on these?
    Cari

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Animal Safari ride, but I always wish they would slow down or stop. It seems like it has speeded up the last couple of times. LOVE the shot of the pelican and hippo--just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! That is so beautiful! I love how "real" it looks and your pictures are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning color in these and I love the banner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are beautiful! so clear and colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colors in these are simply amazing! What a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG... these absolutely blow me away! I would totally have believed that this was the REAL Africa! WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing is the only word I can think of to describe these shots. They are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow beautiful. The colors and lighting. Great reflections.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an absolutely beautiful place. These pitures are so full of clarity and color. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love that sky! wow. i would much rather see animals in this kind of environment--even if disneyfied--rather than a zoo. seeing giraffes at my local zoo in a pen no bigger than the footprint of my house just makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these! My AK shots from several years ago look pretty touristy. In fact, I think you can see the 'Kodak photo spot' signs in most of them. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful photos!

    Susan from Two Peas

    ReplyDelete