Thursday, September 18, 2008

birthday girls

birthday fun

M turned 6 yesterday. We had strict instructions to call her "birthday girl" all day. For several days before her big day, she would tell me, "You're supposed to say, 'I can't belive you're turning 6. You're getting so big! I'm going to miss the 5-year-old M SOOO much." And, then I would have to repeat verbatium her lines. What a kid! She requested her favorite supper last night: hot dogs and Pilsbury Grand! biscuits.

Oh, and I wanted to make her feel special, so I told her I would come to lunch and bring cupcakes for her class. When I went to check in, the secretary informed me that homemade cupcakes were not allowed. (What?!?) Apparently, only store-bought food items are allowed to be distributed to other kids. I can't tell you how shocked I was. Her teacher told me that it didn't even occur to her to tell me because I was the first mom to bring in homemade cupcakes to school. (What?!?) Ok, now I feel really old-fashioned.

Anyway, a few weeks ago we had a very small birthday celebration for the girls. They were each allowed to invite one friend over for a sleepover. They went swimming the next morning and then on to Chuck E Cheese. David braved that place with them. It drives me batty! I decided to make a storyboard and get it printed as an 8x10. Anyone else have ArtsCow.com print credits for more 8x10's and 12x18's than they know what to do with? I only have so much wall space! So, I'm trying out storyboards...anyone else have creative ideas for all those print credits?

4 comments:

  1. Can't bring homemade cupcakes???!!!! Love these shots! Happy birthday to the cute birthday girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, because of food allergies, specifically NUTS< they don't want that possibilities of a lawsuit....same rule at our school..we are only allowed to give a pencil or something.
    crazy! but i can see how that would have to happen, as my nephew has severe tree nut allergies, not even peanuts and he can't even eat something that was made in a factory where it was a possibility that the food was touched by nuts.
    t

    ReplyDelete
  3. No homemade cupcakes?!? What's this world coming to? I'd better check here before TJ's b-day! Happy birthday to M!

    ReplyDelete