Monday, September 1, 2008

down at the tracks

Though it looks lovely at the RR tracks, beware it is not! The standing water around the ditches makes lovely homes for mosquitoes too. And, they loved us! So, we did not stay long at all. But, I think it was worth it, don't you? These are by far my favorite shots out of the day. Oh, and the train the background? Yeah, we planned that just so we could get some good composition. No, not really. (We were walking along and Larry goes, "Isn't that the train coming?") We were forced into the mosquito filled ditches. Not so lovely, but at least the photos are. Thanks, for going along with my crazy ideas, Larry and Amanda.

tracks

tracks

11 comments:

  1. Glad nobody was maimed. :-D What beautiful light! And I love your family portraits in the post below. You're all so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are SO worth it! AWESOME light there too. And I am LOVING the big pics on your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great. I love that last shot. Oh and your shots in the last post...LOVE them!
    Cari

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look like a very happy couple! Good use of light.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful gorgeous light!! That last shot is AWESOME!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This first shot is awesome! I love the light, and the perspective on the tracks. You have really grown into a beautiful photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great shots kristina!
    what lens did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the first photo! Fantastic! And is Larry a guy who generally understates things so calmly!!!!!! I'd be shouting "The train is coming. THE TRAIN IS COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful lighting. Great job on these. And I also just adore the foot picture below. That is just precious. Neat idea on the envelope budget system, too. Very smart.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job on the lighting - love the first shot:)

    Shawna (shawkrem)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that first shot! We have a ton of tracks around here and I'm a big chicken around them.

    ReplyDelete