Monday, April 7, 2008

baby noah

I had the pleasure of taking some more newborn photos for a friend last week. I have a lot of mom-friends who are having babies! Let me tell you, these newborns are soooo challenging! Maybe it's my lack of experience. This is my third baby shoot. I guess I'm just more comfortable with kiddos the same ages as mine since I'm around them all the time! Anyway, here are my favorites.











I really worked on getting these skin tones to look smooth and creamy. These are all shot with my 50mm in Manual mode, ISO 400, f/3.2, external flash fired on all (thanks, Phyllis!) I really want to work more on nailing my focus. I get so frustrated when it's in the wrong place. I use the selection points, but sometimes I wonder if it really works? Any tips for improving are most welcome!

17 comments:

  1. HOW PRECIOUS!!!! I absolutely ADORE that first shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, now I am clucky - those tenny tiny feet get me all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful!!! I just love the first shot! I tried that with my niece when she was three days old and she climbed off the towels!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. babies are definitely hard to do. they are not quite the sleeping cuties we all remember ;) you did very well though. have you tried using the back button focusing? i find it really helps me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat shots, I think the composition is great. Nice work, TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet baby. I love the first shot of him in the basket.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like all your compositions. What a sweet baby.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I especially like the 1st one.... what a gorgeous child!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you did REALLY GREAT!!!
    i am another one who thinks newborns are HARD to shoot! they just have their own agenda and what you want them to do , they don't want to at that time! you want them curled in a ball, then they want to stretch LOL>>>>>
    tara

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so cute. I love that first one. Just beautiful. Sweet, sweet baby.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are gorgeous!! OMG WOW!! I love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great shots!! Newborns are so tough! I love the first one and the little feet! I think you are getting the hang of it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful shots - you did a fantastic job of these and should be very proud of them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very sweet, but they do look a little soft. I've had some problem with my focus again lately and just realized yesterday that my diopter had been turned. What a relief for me!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Newborns are tough! You did great though. I usually start my ap at 4 with newborns cause I usually don't need a shallow DOF :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So, so cute! I love them all, but especially the first one. I don't have baby photo advice, though:(

    ReplyDelete
  17. So...if I send you a ticket are you going to fly up and photograph my new one? (and maybe the others!) It would be totally worth it, even besides the visit.... :) -K

    ReplyDelete