Tuesday, April 22, 2008

getting ready

I think I've gone into "blogging withdrawls!" I've definitely missed all you cyber-peeps! I was in NE over the weekend at a dear friend's wedding. She asked me to take her getting ready photos and assist the official photographer, so I got a crash course in wedding photography. It was such a learning experience for me, and I actually really enjoyed it! I have tons and tons of photos to process now. I finally saved up enough to purchase an external flash, and it arrived just in time, the day before I flew out to the wedding. I figured it out enough to use it, but I can tell there is going to be a learning curve on it for sure. So for now, here are some getting ready photos.








It looks like she's praying here, but really she's just holding the pins for the hairdresser!




Angie's friend did professional make-up for her, this was serious business! I've honestly never seen anything like it. I didn't know you could put moisturizer on with a brush!




Scott and Angie didn't see each other before the ceremony, but exchanged letters instead. Here, Angie is reading the letter Scott wrote to her (for her eyes only.) We're all dying to know what it said. Angie is getting very emotional in the meantime, and we're all being supportive (not nosey) friends.



15 comments:

  1. You caught some really sweet and important before shots. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great shots...I LOVE that last one...wonderful!
    Cari

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's lucky to have these! Getting ready shots are my FAVORITE thing to photograph at a wedding, such real/raw emotion! You did great and the BnW allows that emotion to be seen. I am a big fan of BnW shots for the getting ready pics. Glad you enjoyed it too, hopefully you'll get lots more oppurtunites now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look really great, I'm sure she will be so excited to see these! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. You captured some great moments here. I wish I had photos like this from my wedding day! You definitely have a talent for shots like this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She will feel so happy that you helped her with these photos. I love the "getting ready" photos. Just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a wonderful job, Kristina! I would have loved to have photos like this from my wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely!!! Nice experience for you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did great with the flash! Love these shot, the last one is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the b&ws!! You captured some real beautiful moments!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are AWESOME! I can't wait to see more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am sure she loved these. My favorite is the letter.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the moments you've captured here! They will treasure them forever for sure!

    ReplyDelete