Sunday, April 27, 2008

Leu Gardens

A few months ago my friend Emily and I went to the HP Leu gardens with our kiddos. The kids walked around looking at all the pretty flowers and things. I wasn't very happy with how my pictures turned out, so I never did anything with them. But, today, The Pioneer Woman (if you haven't checked out her blog, you really have to!) posted a tutorial that I thought I could use on one of my photos from that day. She has the best Photoshop tutorials! I learn so much from her simple techniques. So, I thought I'd give it a try. Here is my before and after version. Hers are much more impressive!


SOOC


I added Hard Light at 30% opacity, tried out the Filter>Render>Lighting Effect technique at 30% opacity, burned the edges a bit, and then I added a bit of texture too. Hmm...these small photos really don't do it justice. You can always click for a larger view.

18 comments:

  1. Great color. I love the yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flowers! I like your edit on this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I can see the difference in the pp... nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shot, I love how the flowers are all in a row. I saw that tutorial too and loved the effect! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's great isn't she? Glad you learned something new!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Your editing really enhances the yellow in this! Makes it become much more "center stage!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE Pioneer Woman! Great job with her pping tips! I didn't change my name on Two Peas (or at least I don't think I did!:) )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty! You processed it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so funny, I saw this on her blog this weekend and I tried it on a couple of pics I posted tonight (trophy pics), so I guess great minds think alike. Well, that's what I'm going with. Looks great on your shot!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a Pioneer Woman Addict. You did a great job with the color

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like pping that brings out, gently, the best in a photo. Nice edit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The pp'ing works really well, I'll have to check out the website you linked. Such pretty color, great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty! I love Pioneer Woman too. I started out reading about her life and now I'm thrilled to be getting these cool Photoshop tricks too. I'm waiting for her to make her actions for Elements now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty flowers, you did a good job on the edit.

    ReplyDelete